Department of Pharmacology
About the Department:
The Department has got the facilities of clinical pharmacy, clinical pharmacology and CAL (Computer Assisted Learning) lab together with a demonstration room and library. The departmental museum is enriched with a large sample of drugs, models, charts and medicinal plants. The Department is equipped with a separate Research lab for carrying out research in the field of Neuropsychopharmacology, Cardiovascular pharmacology and isolated tissue experiments. Clinical pharmacology lab has the facility of bicycle ergometry, cardiovascular monitoring with electrocardiography, sphygmomanometer and stethoscopes. Besides teaching the systemic pharmacology, clinical pharmacy and CAL experiments the undergraduate medical students are also guided for detecting, analyzing and reporting Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs), apart from their training in rational prescribing practices.
Dr. Pravin G. Dhone
Professor and Head
Psychopharmacology, Pharmacovigilance,Clinical Pharmacology.
Dr. Ravi Kant Tiwari
Neuropharmacology, Antimicrobial Drug Resistance, Clinical Pharmacology.
Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacovigilance.
Dr. Jinsy Rai
Dr. Puja Agrawal
Publications (last three years):
Dr. Ravi Kant Tiwari
Original research articles, International Journals:
- Mishra AK, Sinha RR, Tiwari RK, Dhone PG, Hishikar R, Rathod V. A Comparative Study of Antinociceptive Activity of Flupirtine with Diclofenac in Swiss Albino Mice. Acta Biomedica Scientia, 2020;7(2):57-60.
- Mishra AK, Sinha RR, Tiwari RK, Dhone PG, Hishikar R, Rathod V. Experimental Evaluation of Analgesic Activity of Flupirtine with Opioids on Swiss Albino Mice. Acta Biomedica Scientia, 2020;7(2):53-56.
- Gupta SK, Tiwari RK, Goel RK. A retrospective cross‑sectional descriptive study to critically appraise the quality of reporting of health economic evaluations conducted in the Indian setting. Perspect Clin Res 2020;XX:XX-XX (accepted on 10-02-2020).
- Tiwari RK, Gupta SK, Goel RK. A questionnaire-based comparison of conventional teaching methods to computer assisted learning in experimental pharmacology for undergraduate medical students. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2019;8:762-6.
- Tiwari RK, Haider J, Shukla AD, Gupta PP. A study on pattern of initial and acquired drug resistance for isoniazid and rifampicin in A.F.B. positive sputum smears of pulmonary tuberculosis patients at a Medical College in North Eastern Uttar Pradesh, India. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2018;7:191-6.
- Understanding Experimental Pharmacology. Ravi Kant Tiwari. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi (1st Edition 2019). ISBN: 978-9388108447 (print) and 978-93-890-1725-0 (e-book).